Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hey, I Know That Guy!

Have you ever had one of these experiences? You're watching the news and, man that guy looks so familiar. I know he's a sex offender, that doesn't mean I don't know him, I've met a lot of people, more than a few of them crooked that way; but he looks really familiar. Then, they finally tell you his name and sure enough, "Hey! I totally went to BIBLE COLLEGE with that guy!" I might have even had a little crush on him at some point. This guy's poor friend, also a proud CCU grad brought his youth group to stay at his house! He had no idea his old Bible college buddy was a convicted sex offender who wasn't technically allowed to be around minors.

6 comments:

  1. Whoa. You ahve a blog. I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and hey, yeah I totally read this story in the news earlier this week and was like "eeeww."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've been waiting to see if I can keep up with it before I spread it around...We've got the girls at 1vegas.blogspot.com as well, don't know if JT let everyone know that yet. Oh, and about this story, I found out last night that he was supposed to be marrying Emily Otto this weekend but now he's got 11 months in prison for probation violation. He was two weeks from the end of his probation and has passed a lie detector test saying that his probation officer gave permission for the kids to stay at the house if he wouldn't be there overnight, she is, of course, denying this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily Otto?

    Is she related to Joel Otto? He was a youth minister at my church for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She went to school around the time we did but I have no idea of her relations. She is a friend of one of the girls in my Bible study group so I can find out if you are actually interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really interested to be honest.

    Did she know he was a registered sex offender?

    I assume she had to.

    ReplyDelete