Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tuesday Funnies

This is a classic: The Best Man's toast at our wedding...here are some highlights!

"I've said a lot of things that I regret...about their relationship."
"I've modeled a lot of what I've learned about love and my own relationships on you guys...and everyone that's heard me say some despicable things about you guys may not believe this."
"As far as you guys...help them out in financial ways...do whatever you can to help this starving couple!"
"Help them out in financial ways!" (This one was yelled out a few times)

Toss in plenty of incoherent, drunken stammering and a little swaying and, well...

6 comments:

  1. *sigh* The memories.

    If only I could remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have to take some blame here for 1) Having a relationship that was, at times, worthy of despicable comments and 2)supplying lots and lots of liquor to the wedding party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh. I probably would've had despicable things to say either way. I was kind of a bastard back then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My understanding is that this is a place you can leave your own Tuesday Funny...tonight...my daughter is bringing me books to read...and we open one up to find this:

    Jack and Jill went up the hill
    To fetch a pail of water.
    A man there said, "If you drink this, you'll still be thirsty after."

    "But there is water Jesus gives,
    So won't you ask Him first,
    To give you LIVING WATER
    So that you will never thirst."

    Up Jack got and home did trot,
    A whole mile and a quarter,
    To tell the GOOD NEWS to his friends,
    About God's LIVING WATER.


    I don't know about you...but I about died laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. When he started yelling "Give them money" I really did start clapping in hopes of bringing it all to an end. I tried Sarah, I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jedd, please feel free to post under your real name!

    ReplyDelete