Monday, October 03, 2005

Mama-blogging

One of the joys of motherhood is trying to use a public restroom with your baby, without a stroller. Yesterday, my sister and I took the girls and drove up to Columbus to our cousin's wedding reception. I stopped at a rest area to change Kenai. After I changed her, I needed to use the restroom so, instead of taking her back out to the car, I held her on my lap. She's sitting on my left leg...and she spits up...straight into my underwear. Oh sure, I remembered to bring a spare shirt for myself in case of spitup but NEVER thought to bring a change of panties. After Emily heard this story and then spent 2 1/2 hours halfway between the front and back seats trying to get the screaming baby to sleep, she may have decided not to have children after all.

2 comments:

  1. nothing like going commando to a wedding reception.

    I should know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had bad public bathroom experiences with a baby and bad spitting up experiences -- but never combined like that. Why don't people tell you stuff like THAT before you have kids! :) I guess your sister can't say that you didn't warn her. ha!

    ReplyDelete