Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Death of an Uncle

So, my uncle passed away this morning. Such mixed emotions. I'm glad he's gone, partly because he was suffering and I know he's in heaven...and if he can be redeemed, we all can. I think I'm mostly just relieved that I don't have to worry about him anymore. He doesn't have to be a part of our lives. No more decisions about taking the girls to family gatherings, no more long discussions before we go on what to do if...(if he wants to pick up the girls etc) No more feeling like we're the only ones there keeping an eye on him around so many children.
I'm also glad that he's probably facing God...at least at some point here, and God's gonna say, "You hurt my children" and Bob can't hide from that anymore. And then maybe God will smack the shit out of him like I asked. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah.... it's situations like that that compel me to believe that the afterlife is purely what you've set into motion in life -- be it through good or bad memories, positive and/or negative effects of your actions, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd like to think prayers like that are ones god is really happy to answer.

    ReplyDelete