Thursday, June 15, 2006

How Obvious Is It?

You'll have to forgive me, I haven't seen The Daily Show, except for snippets on you tube, in like two years. I've started taking Isabelle home three nights a week and waiting there until her mom gets home. They have satellite. I love my job.
So, that's why you're getting the second Daily Show post this month. I can't help it.
This is the segment from Tuesday night with Ken Mehlman, chairman of the Republican National Committee. The whole thing is amusing but when Jon asks him why they're so secretive, Ken just undoes his own pants to make the whole thing easier:

Ken: "There are things that every president, every administration, has this. Last one did, this one does. There are things when they have internal meetings that if everything is, 'Let's tell you what we met about,' then there's not gonna be serious internal discussion because people will think it'll be in the newspaper..."
Jon: "Right. It'd be like, like uh, OPEN GOVERNMENT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment