Thursday, June 15, 2006

Stars and Stripes Forever...

...or else

Did you know that today is Flag Day? Yeah, me neither. Apparently, the senate is actually ridiculously close to passing the ban on flag-burning. Wha..?? You heard right, this is America where you have the right to speak out...unless it offends someone else. Really, what is the point of this ban? Are they starting with the little rights so they can sneak up to the bigger ones? I just don't get it, aren't there more important things to do?
Article at Donklephant (borrowed from Star Spangled Haggis...I swear I'm trying to cut down on the links I steal from you)

1 comment:

  1. And as of yesterday, the cops are now allowed to bust down your door w/out knocking (if they have a warrant). As if we needed another reason not to burn a flag in the privacy of our own home!!

    ReplyDelete