Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Take your Xanax before you read this

This made me so sick. Literally. I think it's called a body memory. Having experienced things similar to those on this website, I can tell you with certainty, this is not about God. Even if one argues that it is indeed the Holy Spirit pinning a young girl to the floor (and really, what kind of theology allows for that?), children should not be subjected to this. It is too much, too big, too heavy for any child. I am a Christian and I believe God still acts directly and indirectly upon us. Just not like this. And not with children. There is NO biblical precedent here. At best, this is manipulation of young hearts. At worst, it's calling evil spirits down upon the most innocent among us. Visit "Kids in Ministry International" Warning: the photos are disturbing.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the link. I guess I just really don't understand what's going on there. I was raised very much conservative Christian church - we didn't raise hands and our mantra was "God is not a God of chaos." And while I do still believe that (the mantra), I am aware that I haven't always had enough faith and understanding especially in regards to the Holy Spirit and I have worked to become more expressive in my worship. But this particular article just doesn't make sense to me. Of course, it's wonderful that the kids et al were excited and encouraged, but what is the purpose of children being pinned down to the floor for an hour, crying, shaking and rolling around? In some ways it reminds me of the Crucible when peer pressure and pressure from adults encourages children to pretend to be included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is messed up. It completely reminded me of The Crucible too. You're right; it's not appropriate for kids to be used in this manner. I have trouble believing God wants this for children, for any reason.

    ReplyDelete