Friday, July 25, 2008

Sit Around and Drink

I'm home. So that's good news. Baby's still inside. Also good news. My fluid level had gone down to 1.6cm...really bad. Today they were up to ~9cm. That's a significant increase but still borderline. So I'm going in twice a week for level checks, drinking enough water to float the Titanic, and I'm on bedrest. Ah, the dreaded bedrest. I've never had it before but I've heard the tales. I guess it's not the strictest kind of bedrest. I wish they had given me some sort of comprehensive list of what not to do. As it is, she said I don't have to be chained to the bed but no grocery stores or other running around. "Spend as much of your time as possible sitting with your feet up." (cue evil Dr laugh) I mean, how do I know how much is too much? I would rather err on the side of caution but I don't know how what with the two kids plus housal responsibilities. I'll figure it out, or I should say we'll figure it out. Jt's really laid back about the whole thing and thinks he can rearrange his work schedule to help out.
It may not sound like it but I am so relieved that things are still okay, I really don't want her to come early (obvious much?). It freaks me out even though she'd probably be fine in the long run. I can't stand the thought of leaving the hospital while she's still there. So let's hope she stays put for...oh, about 7 more weeks! And in return, I'll stay put as well.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, I'm so glad that you're home and she's still where she's supposed to be. We're praying for you guys, and desperately wish we could be there. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! We're praying and we'll try to help out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're home and getting some rest! All the best with the rest of the pregnancy. Have you picked out a name yet?

    ReplyDelete