Saturday, January 03, 2009

Year-end Clearance

Survey from All and Sundry

I recommend this one even if you don't publish it. I feel good about last year but motivated to do better this year.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? give myself injections

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't do resolutions. Not for any legitimate reason, I just don't like 'em.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Annette, Emily O. and Susan

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not really, Jedd's grandma passed away right before Thanksgiving.

5. What countries did you visit? Hahahahahahahahaha...ha

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Patience, self discipline

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? February 20th was Kenai's surgery. I actually thought..."Am I wrong? Was her surgery in 2007?" It seems like a lifetime ago. Ziva arrived on September 17th.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? choosing the right kindergarten

9. What was your biggest failure? multiple miserable failings every day. did not read to the kids much or pray with them every night

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Gall stones and the surgery to remove them

11. What was the best thing you bought? Jt got me this Macbook and I loooove it

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? volunteers from the Vineyard who stepped up to help at Crossroads

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? John McCain. Sorry folks, I just thought he sold out and I felt sorry for him

14. Where did most of your money go? House, debt, medical, food

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Ric and Brian playing with Over the Rhine, having another baby

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I'm Yours by Jason Mraz and Disturbia by Rihanna because we hear those two songs every single day just taking Elliet to school (okay, and we like them!) Oh, and the song from Martha Speaks

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier not facing surgery for Kenai
b) thinner or fatter? maybe fifteen pounds lighter
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? just laughing and playing with the girls

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? eating

20. How did you spend Christmas? a couple hours at home just us, then Dayton with my family, then back home with Jt's parents

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Super-intense love with Ziva, she rocks

22. What was your favorite TV program? we watched all 7 seasons of Buffy which I had never seen before, I also liked Weeds and Saving Grace

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I can't think of anyone

24. What was the best book you read? Twilight was the most fun, I also liked The Memory Keeper's Daughter and The Lovely Bones

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Liam Finn thanks to Dooce

26. What did you want and get? new computer

27. What did you want and not get? new couch

28. What was your favorite film of this year? really do not have one...the only thing we saw in the theater was Indiana Jones

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? turned 31, got a pedicure at the pregnancy spa and I think Jedd got me Breaking Dawn.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? losing weight

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Sweats can now be worn outside the house. Yep, moving backwards I guess.

32. What kept you sane? pregnancy hormones believe it or not

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? fancy? Angelina Jolie and the guy from The Mentalist. He's pretty

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Had it not been for the presidential election, it would have been gay rights issues

35. Who did you miss? At times I missed my sister and her kid, the Lesters and Jt's family (esp. sister-in-laws)

36. Who was the best new person you met? Ziva and the women at Mother Talkers

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. God will get me through it

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I was born to laugh/I'm gonna learn to laugh/through my tears

No comments:

Post a Comment