Saturday, July 04, 2009

Dream House of the Week

I've decided on a neighborhood! I know, it changes all the time. But for now, I'm hooked on Glendale and I'd really like to go see this house. The living room would need some work, excessive wood paneling isn't exactly our style, but I love the rest of it. We drove by and the yard goes way back and ends in a park. At some point before the girls are teens, maybe even before they are tweens, we would have to add a shower to the downstairs bathroom. I first found Glendale when I started researching Princeton schools. They are a big district with great programs but unlike some of the other great schools in Cincinnati, they also have racial and socio-economic diversity. The more I've seen about Princeton the more certain I am that it is where I'd like to be. So we looked at houses in Sharonville, Woodlawn, Springdale and Glendale. Glendale is the clear winner of the four.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! That house looks really great.. and a great price. I'm surprised.. I thought Glendale was too pish posh for deals like that. The wood panelling is kind of cool in a way that is cool in other people's houses but not necessarily what you'd want to live with on the day to day. Great research.. it sounds like a really good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really nice house. Deep yard, great screened in porch. It has a lot going for it!

    I know you will love Princeton schools. The diversity is the biggest thing, for sure.

    As for the district, Woodlawn and Springdale have declining property values, while Sharonville and Glendale are holding their own. I love Glendale!

    Now we just have to sell your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I can definitly see you all in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice, lots of possibilities, the yard looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete