Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Sincerely

Dear childcare workers,
Ziva is tall for her age. She is not old enough to be on the toddler climber alone. She is not old enough to sit in an adult rocker by herself. Oh, and don't give me a reprimanding note about bringing in a cup for her when I brought in a cup for her.

Dear voters,
Gay people are just PEOPLE. They fall in love, they build a life with someone and they have families. Your ignorance is HURTING them. This is not a theocracy, we do not legislate morals.

Dear orthopedic doctor,
Thank you for spending more than 60 seconds looking at my daughter. I know that now that she is post-surgery she's not quite as interesting as many of the cases you get. Thank you for taking time with her anyway and for understanding that there is more to orthopedics than surgery.

Dear November,
Thank you for mint m&m's and peppermint mocha creamer. You're my favorite.

7 comments:

  1. I love letters posts So Much, there should probably be a rule that anyone who writes a letters post needs to contact me to tell me so.

    I particularly like THIS letters post, the way it deals with such a range of issues and then ends with a letter to November! Ha ha ha! That is exactly the kind of thing I like about letters posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear all you consumer Christmas freaks - Christmas is spelled that way because it's CHRIST's birthday. Not about buying presents. And please don't use xmas, it adds more offense to the practices you take part in.

    Dear Christmas Carols - You start on black friday

    Dear Elijah's ears, brain, and voice - please start listening, please stopping doing the things you do, and please stop whining.....

    Dear St - Thanks for all the fun and incite you bring into my life.

    Now I want to copy you and go post my own letters....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Future RN,

    Respectfully, Xmas" and "X-mas" are common abbreviations of the word "Christmas". They are sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but they, and variants such as "Xtemass", originated as handwriting abbreviations for the correct pronunciation /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "-mas" part came from the Latin-derived Old English word for "mass".[1] The "X" in Xmas is from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of Χριστός, Christ in Greek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cat McScrooge, I <3 u
    Suzanne, you beat me to it! I actually picked up the X for Christ substitution from my Bible college professors. I also write Xians instead of Christians. But I know some Xians find it offensive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just don't like it. It's like we crossed Christ out. Something I personally cannot handle.

    I guess I have been told.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Future RN,

    I truly did not mean to offend you, or for you to feel "told". I think if you know someone is using X-mas to demean Christ or Christians you can take some pleasure in knowing they are still invoking His name. It is a metaphor for the futility of one trying to live without God, you can try all you want but by struggling so hard against it you only further confirm His existence. :) Also, I sing Christmas carols in the summer, so I am probably a bane to your existence all around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dislike the need to rush. To hurry through the seasons of life to reach a point in time we love. To than do the whole process again. Trust me, I love Christmas. But I love each season and month individual and seperate. I don't want to miss a single moment that I might have missed being so focused on another time that is not even here yet.

    I will take knowledge in the ignorance.

    ReplyDelete