Monday, December 21, 2009

JUST What You Wanted, A Christmas Meme!

(Lifted from Swistle who lifted it from someone else. Which I guess is what makes it a meme.)

Eggnog or hot chocolate?
I like both, but I don't drink either one very often. (I lifted this answer from Swistle as well, I don't REALLY need to re-word that do I?)

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? We wrap everything but the stocking stuffers. We are still piecing together the whole Santa thing. When Elliet was very small I decided to tell them that Santa is a game we play. But then they really wanted to believe and people told me that they were't screwed up by this lie so I relented and now there IS a Santa but I'm not sure what he does. Does he give them ONE gift? The one big one? Just the stockings? I have NO IDEA.
The last time Elliet asked me ,"Is he REALLY real?" I was caught off-guard. She wants to believe but doesn't want to be fooled. I told her that nobody knows if Santa's real and I think she's decided that he is.

Colored lights on a tree or white? As long as Jt is the one do put the lights on, they will be white. I like both.

Do you hang mistletoe? No but only because I hadn't thought of it.

When do you put your decorations up? The first weekend after we get home from Thanksgiving in North Carolina.

What is your favorite holiday dish? My mother makes prime rib and Yorkshire pudding and rutabagas. Dangit, now I have to clean drool off my keyboard!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The girls are both getting slippers this year so I think we'll do those.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Jt puts a whole mess of white lights inside the tree and then we all put on the ragtag bunch of ornaments. I try to see that they are spread out but we keep the bottom third of the tree empty anyway because of the baby.

Snow: love it or hate it? Love it, so pretty, so quiet, so fun! HATE it, so slippery, so wet, so cold.

Can you ice skate? No way, haven't tried since I was a kid but we'll take the girls next year.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? Hungarian Butter Cookies

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Presents. I don't know, we get up and do presents here and then spend the rest of the day in Dayton with my parents and sisters and Nana. It's a great day.

Candy canes: yum or yuck? Love them. I don't care for other peppermints at all but I LOVE candy canes.

Favorite Christmas show? The original Grinch.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration: http://www.travellingmel.com/index.php/TravelingMel/2009/12/21/holiday-meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing some really good ideas about Santa on other people's blogs. One said that at their house, Santa only fills the stockings; the presents come from the people who bought them. Someone else said that they open presents from family on Christmas Eve night, but that Santa comes during the night with a couple of toys for each child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melynda, I didn't even know you read this!
    Swistle, I like those ideas too, this is one of those things I think I should have had figured out BEFORE the kids started asking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, sometimes I'm kind of a lurker... but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete