Saturday, December 26, 2009

Whad'ya Get?!

How was your Christmas? Or Hanukkah? Or Solstice? Or Kwanzaa? Or day off work?
Mine was lovely, thanks.
Christmas Eve the girls and I met my parents at Crossroads for their big Awaited program. It was as amazing as I expected, even better than last year. Ziva gave us the gift of sleeping through the whole show. The girls and I got our pictures in the photo booth and the girls really enjoyed the train display and the Kid City playground. Last year they were both bored with the program but this year Elliet was on the edge of her seat the whole time. She's one step closer to going to the Over the Rhine Christmas show with us! That night, the children all went to bed on time with no fussing. Jt put together Elliet's bike and finished wrapping gifts while I made tags and watched Lost.
Christmas morning we opened gifts (I was surprised with a KitchenAid mixer!) and I made monkey bread. It was thoroughly cooked this year so that's a step up, but I'm still looking for the perfect recipe. Then we threw our stuff together and headed up to Dayton to gather with my family. We opened more gifts and ate the best dinner of the year and had a great time. More relatives came by and it was great to see everyone. Jt and I scurried out around 9:30 to see Sherlock Holmes. Great movie, Robert Downey, Jr. was perfect and is wow, kinda hot with the older, scruffy thing he has going on. We came back and crashed on an air mattress in the living room. My mom made bacon and eggs for breakfast and we played a few rounds of Monopoly Deal before heading back home.
At home, we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned until it was time to go next door for pizza and a movie. The kids had fun with their friends and we watched Four Christmases (pretty funny!). I made drinks with the shit-ton of liquor I picked up Christmas Eve. Over ice I poured equal parts Stoli vodka, Godiva liqueur and Frangelico then added milk to the top. SO yummy!
Sunday afternoon my brother and sister in-law's family came over. I adore them and was so glad we could spend a couple of hours together. We had chili and the kids played in the little bit of snow that was falling. Later that night we exchanged gifts with Flipper and Jayden. Jt and I finished off our holiday watching the latest Harry Potter movie.
I can't think of a better way to spend the holiday...except for maybe seeing even MORE family! Okay, and maybe avoiding awkward attempts by my parents at converting my sister's boyfriend and convincing us all that Fox News is TEH AWESOME.
What did you do? By which I mean What Did You Get???

2 comments:

  1. K. got me Squirrel Nut Zipper tickets. I was really shooting for BOOZE, but I can remedy that on my own. Gotta have something to drink on New Year's Eve, after all.

    I got K. a Wii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! I'm with you on Robt. Downey Jr. V. hot. V. quirky.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete