Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Paltry Postings

So I'm supposed to come up with seven things you don't know about me because this lovely lady tagged me as a Kreativ Blogger and I would hate to disappoint my newest blog-friend. The problem with this is that I think you already know everything there is to know about me. I'm open to a fault. I've decided to aim for things that maybe a few of you don't know and hope the rest of you don't get bored.

I got my fourth tattoo this weekend. It's a phoenix rising from the flames of my Burning Man tattoo. I like it very much even though it hurts and it's all crusty. And here's a photo because Michele likes illustrations and I like showing off my tattoos.


















You probably already know that I am overweight. I started gaining weight about nine years ago and really started packing it on in the last year or two. So what you may not know is that I'm now like, Biggest Loser fat. This week I've been eating a very strict diet to help me break the habit of overeating. Very little or no sugar, low-carb, no alcohol, no diet coke. I'm seeing great progress so that should help me stick with it. Having been addicted to both food and cigarettes I can tell you with certainty that you CAN be addicted to overeating and the craving is just as bad.

A few of you might not know that I was homeschooled as a kid. In part it was fantastic but it was also a little bit of crazy. I love homeschooling and I'm strongly considering it for my girls but we were homeschooled because the public schools might have taught us things like "evolution is part of science" or "condoms can prevent pregnancy" or even "being kind to other people is a good idea no matter what god you worship." So yeah, our homeschooling was tainted by our religious practices.

Remember Monica's closet on Friends? That's my basement. I am appropriately ashamed.













I went parasailing for my 17th birthday, skydiving for my 18th and at 21 I did the sky flyer at King's Island. HIGHLY recommend all three.

Deep down inside I believe that one day I will have to go to Romania to work with their orphans. I think this is what people mean by a "calling." I saw a video about Romanian orphans when I was 18. We were at a small youth function at church and I had to leave the sanctuary because I was sobbing.

I can't drive stick. No good reason, just never needed to learn.

So, there you have it! I am giving this award to these fine (but fewer than seven) bloggers:


Swistle at Swistle
Suzanne at List Lust Lost
Christie at Calling Occupants
Melynda at Your Wild Child


Kreativ Blogger Award Rules
1. Thank the person giving the award (Thank you, Michele!)
2. Copy the award to your blog (it's in my sidebar)
3. Place a link to their blog
4. Name 7 things people don't know about you
5. Nominate 7 bloggers
6. Place a link to those bloggers
7. Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the award

4 comments:

  1. I think food is a harder addiction because it can't be QUIT. We still MUST eat. It's like an alcoholic trying to break an addiction by drinking only three drinks daily or something. ACK.

    Thank you for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate heights, so kudos to you, but I won't be skydiving... well... ever!

    My husband just got a phoenix tattoo as well... yours is fantastic. It makes me want to add to mine.

    I have been trying to get healthy for a few weeks- I have been great about working out on my WiiFit. However, I can not seem to control my eating. I simply love food, especially of the sweet, rich, scrumptious variety.

    Again, kudos if you can homeschool- I think it is wonderful but I just don't have the diplomacy with my own children to do it effectively.

    Thanks for the post, it was nice to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your tattoo and I tend to be sort of (not militantly) anti-tat. My sisters both have them and I guess I am nonconformist that way. Anyhow, yours is really cool.

    ReplyDelete