Saturday, March 27, 2010

Like a YEAR in Blog Years

So, two months ago I won a blog contest from Parking At Home. I wanted to blog about it but I was waiting for a photo and now, because this is the Internets, it feels like it's been for-E-VER since I purposed to write this post. Better late than never I hope.
Parking At Home does a little crocheting. Well, okay, she does a lot of really awesome crocheting and probably tons of other stuff. She did a giveaway in January to get us all through the winter funk and I was a winner! My idea was for a hat for my sister, Erin. Erin has a small head and does not have the ability to right a scarf or pull her hat down over her ears. I remembered that my mom was looking for a hat with ear flaps that wasn't too babyish so I asked Parking if she could make something that came down over the ears and went down into a scarf. Less than a month later (it might have been like two weeks) this arrived on my porch!
I kow Erin looks like she hates it. And you. And the boat you sailed in on. But really, she's just very cranky lately from the massive pain that she lives with every day. It actually works very well for her and I am VERY impressed with the quality of this hat. I am also grateful to Parking At Home for taking on this little challenge!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I don't know how to crochet, but I might try to knit up something like that.

    ReplyDelete